Saturday, May 16, 2009

Wisdom from insanity?

This is profoundly unrelated to Etsy or anything lovely for that matter, but have you seen the video of Tyler Bradt kayaking over the 186-foot Palouse Falls? This shizz is bananas:



I used to be a daredevil of sorts: I dove competitively and rock climbed. I think you have to have a few screws loose to say to yourself: "okay, I am going to try and add an extra rotation or an extra twist and am probably going to belly flop" and yet do it anyways. So I identify with people who are a little off in that way. That said, WHAT ARE YOU DOING, TYLER.

I'm strangely fascinated by the whole thing so I decided to google it up and found an interview with him discussing the insanity and found that he said some things surprisingly compelling:
"I hope it encourages people not to run huge waterfalls but to understand that the only limits that exist are the ones you create, no matter what you are doing."

"
I had come to a good understanding of what I believe I am capable of and what is possible. Palouse was a calculated decision to reach further into the unknown and make a dream a reality."

"
I would rather risk my life than risk not living my life."

No comments:

Post a Comment