Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Roundup: Journals and notebooks

I am such a journal/notebook/sketchbook/whatever junkie that I decided it was high time I scoped out some of the offerings on Etsy. Never a disappointment! Also I think it's topical because I think these makes great gifts for grads.

I'm such a sucker for repurposed things, anything vintage, and spent my childhood taking everyone's Monopoly money so clearly I am a fan of this spiral bound notebook made from a 1940s Monopoly box. Fun! $30 from Another Work In Progress


More fun with recycling! I'm entirely too amused by the notion of writing between the covers of an "Elementary English in Action" but there are many other options if this particularly cover doesn't strike your fancy. $38 from Stories Divinations


The leather on this journal is stunning and I just love the color. It strikes me as very classic, especially with the snap closure. $31 (can you say bargain?) from Julie Boyles Books


I used to spend my summers on extended backpacking trips and while I would discard every last bit of food and toiletry packaging to save weight, I insisted on lugging my journal around the backcountry with me. My journal at the time was a spiral bound one from CVS with a cover I'd collaged from magazine cutouts (teen angst!). How much more fitting would it be to sit on a rock overlooking a stream with this leather wrapped journal? So rustic. $38 from My Handbound Books


In case you need a little reminder: "Do Work." Printed on a Moleskine Cahier notebook. $8 from Two Guitars


Simple pretty printed little journals. $9 each or $22 for three from Pink Rasberry Designs


I just think this one is adorable. $18 from Vlas Store

No comments:

Post a Comment