Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Don't wanna see you cry darling - no way!


Mayer Hawthorne - “Just Ain’t Gonna Work Out

I discovered this gem courtesy of Tahiti 80’s Secret Playlist. The French pop/rock band is one of my favorites (be sure to check out their tumblr) so I couldn’t have been more excited that they shared some of their favorite songs with the masses.

They describe this track from Detroit-born jack of all trades Mayer Hawthorne as “modern-retro music with a soul.” I couldn’t agree more. But just as great as its sound is its lyrics, which make you cringe thinking about someone being dumped to this song. (cross posted at Tuneage)

According to the description on Youtube, this track was released on a red, heart-shaped 7-inch single by Stones Throw. I want one!!




Where do I sign up to be the chick that swigs from a flask in music videos?

No comments:

Post a Comment