Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Wednesday roundup: week in review

A few of my favorite things I've found around the web this past week:

A Cup of Jo: Pictures from photo essay The Bride Was Beautiful: "Katie Kirkpatrick, 21, held off cancer to celebrate the happiest day of her life. Breathing was difficult now; she had to use oxygen. The pain in her back was so intense it broke through the morphine. Her organs were shutting down but it would not stop her from marrying Nick Godwin, 23, who had been in love with Katie since 11th grade. Five days later, Katie died."


Telegraph: Five previously unseen pictures of Audrey Hepburn-- I can never see enough of this lady...


Oh Leoluca Vintage: Gorgeous sculptural shoes from Omelle. Says OLV, "They remind me of dinosaur skeletons which one wouldn’t think of as a positive attribute, but in this case are some seriously well designed shoes." I couldn't agree more.

Refinery29: A stylish paper bag! This weekender designed by Stefan Diez is made of Tyvek.


Coveiter: Using a centerpiece as a desktop organizer-- I adore this idea! Filed away for the glorious day I have a desk that can fit more than my laptop.


Fabsugar: Sneak peak of Matthew Williamson for H&M's summer collection... I haven't been all that swept up in the MWills fanfare but I appreciate bright colors and good fit just as much as the next person. The summer stuff is pretty but for me lacks the "it" items (i.e. the studded belt, the sequined dress) of the spring duds.


PicVault: "Kyle Cassidy traveled fifteen-thousand miles over a period of two years, photographing Americans in their homes and asking only one question: “Why do you own a gun?”"



Indie Fashion and Beauty: Leggings that look like jeans! Genius! From the eBay store Sophie Locker.

No comments:

Post a Comment